HNL is an emotional
Measuring audience responses
in an entirely new way
The Heart Never Lies!
What is HNL?
HNL, Heart Never Lies, is an emotional technology Company with a patented algorithm allowing Networks, Platforms, Content Owners, Brands and Manufacturers the ability to capture an individual’s emotional response to set tasks or cross-platform media experiences.
We are a globally patented technology, with roots coming from the medical industry, which is today used in Hospitals all over the world, allowing anaesthetists to gauge, monitor and mange patient pain levels whilst unconscious and in surgery.
Taking that solution, we then worked with scientists, performing human tests over an 18-month period, to deliver a tool to measure happiness, or one’s emotional levels, whilst being conscious.
Things we want…
- To become the global leader in the capture of human reflex emotions with a view to improving marketing philosophies for manufacturers, producers, associations and companies
- To make this technology available to the advertising agencies, producers, distributors and focus group companies
- To create an emotional measuring index system allowing clients to understand and compare reflex responses
- To help clients avoid costly failures when launching new products and services
- To provide continuous research to improve our analysis techniques
- To preserve and respect the use of technologies around humans
Things we don’t want…
- To become a focus group company
- To take the place of/or influence human creativity
What’s the process?
- The first we do is meet and discuss your needs.
- We analyze your requirements in order to deliver a programme of tests
- Candidates are analysed for their emotional skill index before the process begins
- Tests are performed capturing heart beat responses
- The data is then processed through our proprietary algorithm, then verified by our research team
- Results are presented in various graphical methods, as well delivering a unique HNL index value
Antoine was raised in a family of Doctors and Chemists, but with a passion for creativity and PR, in 1989, he launched Congass, a sponsorship and brand-consulting agency for media platforms. After exiting that business in 1994, Antoine was then approached to run the ad division of the Douriez-Bataille Group, heading up the newspaper divisions for the next decade. As well as his media background, Antoine holds Board positions on several media organisations in France, which has helped him to understand market demands. Antoine is the Founder and CEO of HNL, creating the company from combining his family roots and professional heritage to deliver an evolutionary technology of analysing things emotionally.
Julien MignonacChief Commercial Officer UK/USA
Julien traded NASDAQ and NY listed stocks from the World Trade Centre in the mid nineties before returning to Europe to pursue a passion for TV Broadcasting. After many enjoyable years of producing sports for IMG, he co-founded Red Earth Studio, an award-winning factual production company, responsible for development and international co-productions over a 10-year period. Julien has previous experience of start-ups, co-founding a media Technology Company VIAP Ltd. an IP licensing company in global interactive and filming patents. Over the past few years, Julien has consulted for several US & Canadian companies in consumer electronics and digital media start-up mode. Julien currently holds several Board positions in Marine Technologies and Marine Operations Companies. Julien will use his 20-year track record working across most forms of media to build a platform for HNL to operate in the UK & USA.
Stephane has worked over 26 years across the industrial and commercial sectors, as well as general corporate finance. Additionally, Stephane has management experience in start-ups and M&A’s.
Having spent 13 years at Chareurs Wool, a global leader in wool manufacturing, Stephane then joined Chargeurs Interlining, as their CFO. The progression continued, as he quickly became SVP, before being appointed CEO, running a €200M Company with 30 subsidaries and over 1200 employees.
In 2015, Stephane decided to start his life as an entrepreneur and created a venture to support existing European accounts and new start-ups.
Stephane is joining HNL as the Company is developing technologies and solutions that he has a personal interest in. He also understands how we can be used in everything from creative processes to analytics, potentially opening up a whole new world of clients, as well as approaching his existing ones.
Already a solid team in Science, Management and Sales & Marketing, Stephane joins us to look after the Finance side of the Company, as well as assisting in Management.
Guillaume BernaChief Technology Officer
Guillaume is a PhD in psychology and has worked on subjective and physiological markers of emotional processes. During his thesis and post-doc at CNRS, he has received solid theoretical background and experimental skills on elicitation, processes and quantification of emotions. He actively publishes articles in international trade journals (Plos One, Journal of Anxiety Disorder,…) and is globally recognized as a specialists of emotion (electrodermal activity, HRV, etc.). Guillaume also holds a research associate position at the CNRS laboratory of cognitive and affective science (SCALab UMR 9193).
Motivated by the technological lead of HNL, as well as its huge potential of development, Guillaume joined the team in 2016 to bring his expertise as Chief Technology Officer.